Embedded on the edge of the stylish yet laid-back West End, the Kelvingrove Hotel offers the best of both worlds, being only walking distance from the energetic city centre while remaining a stone throw from the lush Kelvingrove public park
944 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G3 7TH
Guests can travel via taxi, bus or car from the airport. A Taxi will cost around £18 to the hotels door.
The frequent airport bus (number 747) will cost £4 for a single and £5 for an open return. Guests should ask the driver to be let off at Kelvingrove Park. Our stop is not listed although it would be between Charing Cross and Partick bus station stops.
Exit motorway at junction 17 on the LHS labelled Dunbarton A82.
At exit keep right and then turn right at immediate traffic lights.
Drive along Great Western Road for about 1.5 miles till reaching main junction. Turn right onto Queen Margaret Drive.
Drive for 0.25 miles keeping left, crossing over mini-roundabout, then immediately crossing over bridge at River Kelvin, Take first left into Kelvin Drive.
Ambassador Hotel and Embassy Apartments are on immediate RHS.
– Follow signs for M8 East – Signposted “city centre”
– Follow M8 until “Kingston Bridge” (“junction 19” on the motorway). Move into furthest left lane and follow the slip road signposted “Charing Cross”
– Move to left lane and as you reach the traffic lights at the end of slip road turn left into “Pitt Street”
– Once you reach the traffic lights at the top of the hill, turn left into “St. Vincent Street”
– Follow the road until the next set of lights while remaining in the straight ahead lane and follow on until the road curves right at another set of lights (a police station will be on your left hand side).
– After lights turn right into “Kelvingrove Street” then turn left onto Sauchiehall Street at the T- junction. You will see the hotel on your left hand side.
– From M8 motorway take junction 18 – signposted “Charing Cross” and as you come off move over to the right hand side lane. Go through first set of traffic lights and turn right at the second set.
– Keep to the left lane and drive through the next set of traffic lights and follow road until bottom.
– Follow road around to the right and once you arrive at the junction turn left onto “Sauchiehall Street”. The hotel is 600 yards on the right hand side of the road.
The Kelvingrove is situated on the famous Sauchiehall Street, and is just a 40-minute drive from Prestwick Airport.
Driving instructions: upon leaving the airport, take the A77 towards Glasgow. The A77 merges onto the M77 and you should drive along this road for around 13 miles. Next, take the lane leading to M8 Glasgow/City Centre. You should exit the M8 following signs for the A82, then continue onto the A804 and turn left at Berkeley Street. Drive along Berkley Street and follow the road as it turns right. At the traffic lights, take a left onto Fitzroy Place. Drive just a couple of hundred meters until the road turns into Sauchiehall Street. You will find our hotel on the right side of the road.
Alternative modes of transport: The X77 bus service run by Stagecoach operates a route between Buchanan Bus Station in Glasgow to Prestwick Airport. The service runs 06:45 – 22:40 with a journey time of 50 minutes and buses are up to every half hour (hourly on Sundays). For those travelling on early or late flights, there is an additional service, the X99, which departs from Glasgow at 23:59 and 03:30.
Taxis are available to hire outside of the terminal or, for a more competitive price and to guarantee a car, please call our reception to have them book one in your name in advance.